RelaiXed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RelaiXed

Experiences with the RelaiXed DIY audio preamplifier

You are not connected. Please login or register

Suitable transformers for Relaixed

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Suitable transformers for Relaixed Empty Suitable transformers for Relaixed Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:32 pm

NicolaiS

I'm trying to collect together the components needed to build the RelaidXed. To save a bit of money I have gone through my boxes to see what I already have and what I will have to buy.
Well, I will have to buy most....

The recommended transformer for the analog section is 2x18V, 4VA. I have two 2x15V, 5VA, toroids which might fit the bill if used in parallel as an "over sized" (15V, 10VA). But would one of these be sufficient on its own?

For the digital section the recommended is 2x6V, 6VA. The closest I have is 2x9V, 7VA toroid. Will do or to risky to try?

Thanks,

Nicolai

2Suitable transformers for Relaixed Empty Re: Suitable transformers for Relaixed Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:23 am

oj

You can certainly use a 9V transformer since the maximum voltage for the LM2940CT5 is above 26V, although you will heat the voltage regulator a bit more than with a lower voltage transformer.
Also the 15V transformer should be ok, since you will supply the discrete regulator stage with about 20V (i.e. 15Vx1.414=21V minus 1-2V due to the voltage dropout of the rectifying diodes).
Cheers

3Suitable transformers for Relaixed Empty Re: Suitable transformers for Relaixed Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:53 am

josve

Hi NicolaS, oj,
nice to see the first posts in our new forum!

Indeed, oj is fully correct.
Nothing can go wrong with trying your transformers.
You should probably check the rectified 'V24p' and V24n' voltages on the powersupply elcos. If you find a DC value below 20V, the stabilization circuit will not work well anymore.

http://jos.van.eijndhoven.net

4Suitable transformers for Relaixed Empty Re: Suitable transformers for Relaixed Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:12 am

NicolaiS

Thanks oj and josve,

I will try the transformers I have. Thanks josve for the forum which you put up with the most perfect timing for me! Lets hope that it will be active. Already useful for me!

Nic

5Suitable transformers for Relaixed Empty Toroid trnasforers supplier - CZ Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:48 am

t_majerovic

Hello

I would like to bring to your attention toroid transformers manufacturer/supplier from Czech republic http://www.jkeltra.cz/ . They are able to make any kind of toroid transformers fit to customer needs (one or more pieces, boxed, completely shielded toroid transformers – low noise). I use their transformers last few years and very satisfied. Their web pages are in Czech language. But I thing that they can answer emails written in English or German language.

Tomas

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum