RelaiXed

Experiences with the RelaiXed DIY audio preamplifier

You are not connected. Please login or register

RelaiXed with internal DAC - how is the better way to wire?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hi all,
I would like build an "integrated" pre-amp/DAC based on RelaiXed and a DAC with balanced output (Buffalo32S). I'm sure that some of you has done similar things already.
I was considering to simply omit mounting one set of XLR input sockets (and their respective holes in the back-panel) and wire the DAC output to the PCB. Alternatively I could mount all the XLR sockets and connect the DAC to one set of these on the bottom side of the PCB.
Any opinions and/or suggestions?
Thanks,
Nic

View user profile

2 any progress on Dac/controller? on Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:35 am

Hi Nicolais,

I am too interested in pursuing the same route with combine Dac/controller. I am thinking of using the twisted pear audio buffalo Dac. Have you made any progress?

View user profile
For the moment I have decided to use a separate DAC because I don't want to ruin the simplicity of front-end of the RelaiXed. My problem is that I have multiple digital sources and therefore also a mux to select between these before the DAC. If I would one day be able to control the mux-input with Jos's software/interface I would definitely build them together. Especially with the new Buffalo32S it is quite simple and there is room in the chassis.
The wiring is quite simple as I simply leave out one of the Balanced inputs and wire it internally. The only problem is to control the digital input selection without adding a switch on the front panel. If you have only one digital source it is pretty trivial.
Nicolai

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum