RelaiXed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RelaiXed

Experiences with the RelaiXed DIY audio preamplifier

You are not connected. Please login or register

Problem with building the preamp

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Problem with building the preamp Empty Problem with building the preamp Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:02 pm

snjsk

I just finished populating the preamp board.

The voltage measured fine as in the initial testing. No problems there.

When i hook up everything and power up the preamp, the volume goes up to 48 and then resets to initial sequence (turning on the relays one by one to previous level). Sometime it goes to 60 and resets.

I thought it could be a problem with dry solder and tried soldering two times....but no use.

What would be the best way to debug this problem....any help for tracking resistors and relays at levels 48 and 60 would be helpful....

2Problem with building the preamp Empty depends on input selection Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:27 pm

snjsk

Actually, the preamp plays quite ok. However, the volume seem to clip/reset at different levels in a random way...at different times. Sometimes @ 30..sometimes @ 48..@ 57 ...@63..etc.,

What could be wrong...how does the software decide that it is time to reset ?

Last edited by snjsk on Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : findings from additional debugging..)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum